Are you ready to Cowboy Up?
The National Western Stock Show, held annually in Colorado, features a number of events including rodeos, livestock shows, horse shows, and a Western Trade Show (where you can find us!). This event is also part of a non-profit, National Western, that provides college scholarships at both the graduate and undergraduate levels for those studying agriculture and medicine practice in rural areas. Since its beginnings in 1906, the show has grown quite a bit and we are thrilled to be a part of it this year.
If you’re in Denver, or anywhere near it, we highly recommend coming out; not only to visit our Caracol Inspired Jewelry booth, but also to become a part of the action! There are events for all ages and interests so nobody is left out. We’ve taken the liberty of selecting a number of events from each category that we think you might want to partake in!
- Parade – a great activity for the entire family!
- Fiddle Contest – this is one of those unique events that you just have to experience, at least once in your life.
- Mutton Bustin’ – if you’ve never witnessed this one, you’re in for a treat!
Interested in some of the special events yet? Click HERE to view the entire list of special events on the National Western Stock Show website!
- Colorado vs. World Champion Bull Riding – talk about tough competition and high stakes!
- Mexican Style Rodeo – did you know that rodeo began in the 1700s due to Spanish influence and, in the 1800s, American cowboys began to embrace components of Mexican style and traditions?
- PBR Bull Riding – always a crowd favorite!
- MLK Day Rodeo – A celebration of America’s black cowboys & cowgirls.
- Military Appreciation Night – Be sure to wear red, white, and blue to honor those, past and present, who served in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Just thinking about these events can get you excited! Click HERE for more information on the NWSS Rodeos!
- Herdsire/Heifer Mart – if you’re a cattleman or cattlewoman, this is for you!
- 4-H Shows – a classic!
- Junior Livestock Champions Auction – see the top 90 competitors!
Interested? If so, click HERE for a full list of events!
- Freestyle Reining – an electrifying show and true entertainment for everyone!
- Gambler’s Choice Jumpers – watch them fly!
- Dancing Horses – it doesn’t get much better!
- Mounted Shooting – it’ll keep you at the edge of your seat!
Learn about all the horse show events and you can be sure we’ll try to make it to every one! Click HERE for a full event list!
Caracol has already kicked-off this fabulous event and had a wonderful weekend as a part of the Western Trade Show. We’re looking forward to this week and hopefully, you can make it to our booth in the Events Center. Come see some of our newest arrivals in jewelry and accessories. Valentine’s Day is coming up soon, so cowboys, we can certainly help you pick out that perfect gift for the lady in your life.
See more from the jewelry designers at Mars and Valentine on our website. If you see something you like, and know that you'll be at the National Western Stock Show, let us know and we can tell you if it's available at the show!
Browse more equestrian-inspired jewelry designs on our Caracol website! The great thing about finding us at the show is that you can try it on in-person and really get a feel for each piece.
We have quite the variety of Western handbags and accessories for every cowgirl out there. Let Caracol help you add some bling, fringe, and equestrian style to that cowgirl look. See what we have online and then come try it on! Find us in the Events Center of the Western Trade Show.
The earrings featured above are from our Mars and Valentine collection, and are absolutely stunning. We also have a wide variety of sterling silver earrings and equestrian-inspired earrings on our website that you can browse through. If you find something you like, swing by our booth and we'll be happy to help you out!
Of course you can always find us, and shop online at www.caracolsilver.com, but we would love to see you at the National Western Stock Show too!