Who is ready for the Land Rover Three Day Event next week? Want to know the hot spots for chomping down? Here are some great suggestions for after that long day in the sun. Read On what this fabulous blogger has to say!!
Hi, it's Whitney from Fabulous In Fayette. My blog celebrates the fabulous city of Lexington, the great state of Kentucky, and Southern living.
Lexington, Kentucky's food scene has grown rapidly over the years. It is now being recognized nationally as a foodie city. Zagat named Lexington one of the "30 Most Exciting Food Cities." Travel and Leisure announced that Lexington has one of the most exciting culinary scenes in the country. Thrillist has named Lexington a top food destination in the United States. USA Today even named Lexington one of the "Five Most Underrated Food Cities in the South." As you can see, Lexington is a big deal in the food scene. The most recent reason of Top Chef was even filmed in Kentucky (Lexington, Louisville, and Lake Cumberland to be exact). It's so nice to see Lexington getting national exposure for its culinary scene.
Lexington is home to a plethora of restaurants. There are dozens and dozens that open up over any period of given time, so I figured that it would be fun to showcase ten of Lexington’s newest restaurants.
- Epping’s on Eastside: This restaurant is brought to you by Chef Cole Arimes, who is the executive chef of Coles 735 Main. Epping’s is in a renovated historic building named for the plant, Epping Bottling Works, that once bottled soda there. Epping’s is located at 264 Walton Avenue, Lexington, Kentucky.
- Pearl’s: Pearl’s is from the folks who brought you the following restaurants, County Club and Bar Ona. Pearl’s is a wood-fired pizza place. They also serve oysters, other shellfish, salads, and organic wines. Pearl’s is located in the former Limestone Blue/Giacomo’s spot, which is opposite of the courthouses. They are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. It is located at 133 North Limestone in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Fida’s Beach House Coffee & Tapas: Fida’s previously served their food in Al’s Bar, but now the little yellow house behind Al’s Bar has become a permanent home for Fida’s. The food includes Caribbean small-plate items that are perfect for sharing with your friends. Fida’s also has plenty of vegetable and gluten-free options, as well as smoothies and Haitian coffee and tropical fruit cocktails.
- Chicken Salad Chick: This restaurant has a huge following in the South, and one opened up in Brannon Crossing back in October 2018. This particular restaurant has more than a dozen types of chicken salad, hence its name. It also has soups available for purchase. It is located at 254 East Brannon Road in Nicholasville, Kentucky.
- Girlsgirlsgirls Burritos: This burrito joint built a huge following when it was located inside of Best Friend Bar. They even delivered their food via bicycle! Now, Girlsgirlsgirls is located at 395 South Limestone, where Noodles & Co. was previously located. Girlsgirlsgirls Burrito has a full menu with a variety of options. They even have vegetarian and vegan items, and they are open until 3:30am!
- KSBar and Grille: This sports bar and restaurant was brought to you by the Kentucky Sports Radio host, Matt Jones and his crew. It is located at 1030 South Broadway and opened up last September. If you want to watch a UK game, be sure to get there hours, yes, hours, early or else you won’t be able to watch the game there. It’s the place to be! It’s also located next door to the Tilted Kilt, which is another sports bar.
- Napa Prime: The people of Versailles love this restaurant, so the owners decided to open up another location in Lexington, Kentucky. Napa Prime is known for their burgers and fish sandwiches. This is located at 319 Cedar Street in the old JDI Grill spot that was most recently Alexander Bullitt’s Winery, Brewery, & Bistro.
- Oscar Diggs: Oscar Diggs opened at 155 North Limestone aka Restaurant Row. This restaurant was the brainchild of the former Gastro Gnomes food truck and Rooster Brewing. It’s ever-changing menu and special dinners make it one the hippest restaurants in Lexington.
- Zim’s Cafe: Zim’s Cafe is Ouita Michel’s newest restaurant. She is a successful restaurateur around Kentucky with restaurants such as Wallace Station Deli, Honeywood, Windy Corner Market, and much more. In fact, Zim’s Cafe features some of her greatest dishes from her restaurants. You can find Zim’s in the new Old Courthouse on Main Street.
- El Espolon Mexican Restaurant: Who doesn’t love Mexican food? El Espolon opened in the old Enoteca location at 191 Jefferson Street. El Espolon is open for lunch and dinner and their menu features Tex-Mex favorites, as well as a bar with wine and beer.